What is Taekwondo?
Taekwondo is a combination of combat techniques, self defense, a sport, exercise, meditation, entertainments, and philosophy. The art emphasizes kicks thrown from a mobile stance; using the legs' greater reach and power.
- Enhance self esteem by heightening your physical and mental powers
- Build confidence by encouraging you to succeed and to take control of your life
- Develop discipline by thoroughly training your body and mind in the tenants and techniques of taekwondo
- Teach self-defense by training you to recognize situations in which physical self defense may be necessary, and to teach you how to control such situations to your advantage
- Strengthen your mind and body through increased physical coordination and mental discipline. The discipline of Taekwondo helps to increase energy, better health and fitness, greater coordination, and higher self esteem. These qualities are vital to a happier, longer life.